KEEP YOUR TEAM INFORMED AND EDUCATED
If your association or other professional organization uses industry experts to speak on vital educational topics at monthly, quarterly or annual meetings, Tim would welcome the opportunity to participate. His goal is to help educate everyone associated with the passive fireproofing industry in every way he can.
He currently offers a wide selection of over topics that can be presented in short-time meeting type formats to half-day/full-day educational seminars.
- Fundamentals of Fireproofing - Beginning with the origins of fire code development, in this presentation we follow the role of fireproofing to understand how it developed as a science. We also discuss some of the more crucial aspects of a fireproofing application. Finally we finish up discussing some of the more problematic issues that affect SFRM applications.
- Controlling Costs of Fireproofing - Studies have shown that the cost of an SFRM application has risen much faster than other trades within the construction industry. In this presentation we discuss the role of materials, labor, and equipment as they impact SFRM application costs. This presentation highlights a few issues that are totally controllable and that account for a much higher than average increase in application costs.
- Scheduling and Trade Coordination of Fireproofing - Regarding fireproofing, the #1, #2, and #3 reasons for job site arguments and potential back charges are directly related to scheduling issues and trade coordination issues. A typical example would be the fireproofing cannot proceed until the roof is done, meanwhile the mechanical trades are chomping at the bit to get started-an inherent conflict. Scheduling and trade coordination quickly becomes an issue on nearly every job, but with understanding it can be controlled – wing it and the jobsite is destined for chaos.
- Field Inspection for Fireproofing - Everybody complains about the inspector, he is this or that, where is he, I need him now; we have heard it all. The inspector has a job to do and the more you understand what he has to do the easier it is for yourself. This presentation will focus the necessary field test procedures, the role of the Special Inspector, and will touch on the product physical performance criteria and verification.
- Estimating Fireproofing - I have 5000 SF to fireproof, how much? Well it is just not that easy. If you understand the estimating process (for fireproofing) a lot of good things happen; your budgets are more realistic, your evaluations are more thorough, and your job run faster, they are less expensive, and the will be more complete and compliant. If the estimate is poorly executed then all that is good goes out the window. In this presentation we will break down the estimating process into 12 valued steps.
- Specifying Fireproofing - As great of chance that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow is the chance that at least one applicator will try to exploit even the smallest of error or conflict in the specification of fireproofing for personal or economic gain. There are certainly things a specification must address in order to achieve the hourly rating sought. In this presentation we talk about such things, why they are important, and how the issues will have a direct effect on the final in place application.
- The Role of Fireproofing in the WTC Collapse - Those buildings should have survived. This presentation identifies 4 errors in the application of the fireproofing which, per the NIST report, contributed substantially to the collapse of the WTC building. There is more to the story than what the headlines read and this back story is applicable to nearly all of today’s applications.
Contact Us to schedule a public speaking event