TRUSTED, EXPERIENCED CONSULTATION
When it comes to your next project, there is only one thing that counts – getting it done right! Doing it fast and as inexpensively as possible is not far behind. The Vellrath Group understands these objectives both from a professional perspective and the practical reality of construction.
The Vellrath Group brings over 40 years of experience in the fireproofing industry and has been trusted as a source of expertise by some of the most well-known industry organizations and product manufacturers.
The Vellrath Group can help in a variety of ways:
- Establish and communicate a “true” scope of work
- Select the most appropriate material based on product performance and cost
- Select the most appropriate UL Test Designs
- Review bid documents for completeness, accuracy, and clarity
- Evaluate bid proposals for completeness, accuracy, and clarity
- Review submittals for accuracy and compliance
- Verify material thickness requirements
- Coordinate field inspection services
- Coordinate field conditions for optimum results
- Evaluate claims for additional work claims
- Provide resolution to application details
- Provide Special Inspection services as required by ICC
- Provide expert investigations on conflict claims
The Vellrath Group will put their expertise to work for you! Our goal is to guide you throughout, but specifically with accuracy in compliance and management issues; find the shortest and most efficient spray duration while keeping the cost as low as possible. If you’d like to discuss your fireproofing needs, go to the Contact page.
Every once in a while a situation comes up in the field or in design where the ability to afford the desired level of fire protection cannot be determined from a text, a written rule, or the UL Fire Directory. Non-conforming situations are to be resolved through a process known as executing an “Engineering Judgment.” An Engineering Judgment is based on the knowledge and experience of a Professional Engineer and Is designed to provide a reasonable resolution to the issue at hand. Based on resources gained through years of experience and resources available to the engineer as support and back-up, the engineer is allowed to make a judicial judgment on the best way to handle the situation.
The Vellrath Group is highly qualified to make these judgments not only academically, but we do add our nearly 40 years of application experience to the equation making our judgments more relative to the field application. If a non-conforming situation comes up on your project, the resolution is but a phone call away.
If you’d like to discuss your needs with us, please feel free to call us at 860-582-6140 for a consultation, or go to our Contact page and send us an e-mail.
Section 1704.11 of the Uniform Building Code identifies Special Inspections which, after 9-11, now include Spray-applied Fire Resistive Materials.
Our Special Inspection include and will:
- Verify the thickness measured by the field inspector actually meets the fire rating required. This evaluation involves the material performance as well as the size and configuration of the structural member.
- Certify the application logistics, in other word making sure areas of heat exposure are not blocked by other trades.
- Verify that required environmental conditions have been met, as required by the material manufacturer.
- Will coordinate and work with the field testing agency and/or the primary special inspector.
In this new economy every business has to be better, faster, more accurate and more efficient than ever before. Is it worth your time to spend hours, if not days or weeks researching the nuances of fireproofing and fire-stopping? That is where Tim Vellrath comes in. His 35 plus years of experience will provide you with…
- Expert Consult on Issues Affecting SFRM
- Material Selection
- UL Test Selection & Compliance
- Material Thickness Calculations
- Interpret Field Inspection Reports
- Special Inspections